Re: [squid-users] Problem excluding single client from redirector program

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 19:12:01 +1300

On 08/10/10 03:26, Philipp Herz - Profihost AG wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> actually i'm trying to migrate a Squid/SquidGuard setup from Squid
> (3.0.STABLE19) to Squid (3.1.3).
>
> The problem is, that i am not able to exclude a single client identified
> by it's ip or mac address from being proccessed by SquidGuard as the
> redirector.
>
> acl my_net src 192.168.0.0/16
> acl c_by_IP src 192.168.0.99
> acl c_by_MAC arp aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
>
> http_access allow my_net
> http_access deny all
>
> redirector_access deny c_by_IP
> redirector_access deny c_by_MAC
>
> # url_rewrite_access deny c_by_IP
> # url_rewrite_access deny c_by_MAC
>
> url_rewrite_program /usr/bin/squidGuard
> url_rewrite_children 5
>
> None of the attempts above are working for Squid (3.1.3). Using
> directive "redirector_access deny" with Squid (3.0.STABLE19) works as
> expected.
>
> So, could you please give me any hints on how to get this thing working
> or is there any known bug or limitation why it's not working with 3.1.3?
>
> Thanks - philipp

Nothing comes to mind. IP should be working even if ARP fails.

NP: "url_rewrite_access" is the correct config out of those attempts and
is identical in meaning for all Squid since redirector_access was
deprecated by 2.5.

Firstly check the order of url_rewrite_access lines (*all of them*).
First match wins.

Then try tracing the access control tests in cache.log with:
     debug_options 28,3 61,5

If that does not show the problem up try with the latest Squid-3.1 code.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2