Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS/504 after UDP_HIT - from sibling squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 00:59:42 +1300

On 08/10/10 22:57, Adrian Dascalu wrote:
>> On 08/10/10 05:42, Adrian Dascalu wrote:
>>> Hi to all squid users!
>>>
>>> I'm new to this list so please hold the big guns.
>>
>> The problem you outline is discussed last in this reply. I've taken the
>> opportunity to comment on the config improvements possible all the way
>> down.
>
> Thank you. I've been secretly hoping you will do that :)

<snip>
>>> cache_store_log /var/log/squid/store.log
>>> cache_store_log none
>>
>> Remove the first of those lines. It's overriden by the second.

<snip>

> Will do. The icp_port directive being overridden by the udp_incoming_address directive ... I should have seen this! Thanks

Oosp. Sorry. I was referring only to those "cache_store_log" lines.

The ICP lines were fine.

>>> external_acl_type is_cacheable_type children=5 %{Cookie:__ac}
>> %{Cookie:;__ac} %{Authorization} %{If-None-Match}
>> /var/XXDIR/bin/squidAcl.py
>>> acl is_cacheable external is_cacheable_type
>>> no_cache allow is_cacheable
>>
>> What exactly is that helper doing if I may ask?
>>

> It's disabling cache for loged in users (based on cookies).

K. Is the logged-in bit visibly detectable without decoding the cookie
bytes?

If so, you can replace this with a req_header_mime ACL. Or with a combo
of ACL including one of that type.

<snip>

> Upgrading is something I really want to do. Unfortunately every time I try to upgrade (even minor versions of 2.6) squid will take 100%cpu and stop responding after a while (could be 5min could be 5h). I intend to try again after taking squirm out of the equation.

You mentioned this earlier. I'm aware of 4 bugs leading to 100% CPU
usage, http://bugs.squid-cache.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=100%25
does you issue match these or something else?
1956 has workarounds in 3.1.4+ if its that.

>> Also note how Squid is informing the web server that it's domain name
>> is
>> "127.0.0.1:3128". This is due to lack of the "accel vhost" options on
>> http_port.
>>

> Actually we intended to have the same host in the url so the URL's are the same in the two squids. Don't realy know how to use accel vhost but I will read some more on the subject.

It takes the Host: header as the domain name for the request instead of
the details of http_port received on.
It won't help you (yet) with the Zope weird way of doing virtual
hosting. But will help with ACls, logging etc. which of the public
domains each request related to.

Amos

--
Please be using