Re: [squid-users] is it possible to log if a client cancels a download ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:25:38 +1300

On 14/10/10 22:02, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when a user canceled a download, I can't see it in the access.log and
> cache.log.
> Is it possible to log the reason, why the download is cancled.

The ONLY way to cancel a download in TCP is to close the connection.
There is no reason for closure.

> In access.log file I see only the 200 HTTP status code.

The very latest releases (3.2 beta series) log this as TCP_*_ABORTED and
TCP_*_TIMEOUT.

ABORTED being a client-closed connection. The "cancel" you describe above.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2