[squid-users] Four squid scenarios

From: Konrado Z <konradoz_at_partyinfo.com.pl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:50:02 +0200

Hello,

I have to consider four scenarios:

1) http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4172/52435275.jpg
2) http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6708/42467335.jpg
3) http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3600/77675899.jpg
4) http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7221/12837089.jpg
Host is connected only to one proxy (I think it does not matter to
which one). But proxies servers are connetected to each other.

The question is, on which proxy server the website requested will be
cached (and why)?
Unfortunately I do not have RAM memory enough to install two (or three
in some cases) virtual machines with Squid, so I would much appreciate
your answers.

My answers:
1)
when 1&2 doesn't have website requested:
- 1 & 2 cached the website

2)
when 1&2 doesn't have website requested:
- 1 or 2 /it depends where the host is connected/ requests the website
and cached it

when 1 has the website requested, but host is connected to 2:
- 2 requests website from 1, and cached /two servers cached after all/

when 2 has the website requested, but host is connected to 1:
- 1 requests website from 2, and cached /two servers cached after all/

3)
when 1&2&3 doesn't have website requested:
- the website is cached 3 and 1 or 3 and 2 /it depends where the host
is connected/

when only 3 has the website
- the website is cached 3 and 1 or 3 and 2 /it is copied from 3/

when 1 or 2 has the website
- the website is cached only 1 or only 2 or 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 /it
depends where the host is connected/

4) the same situation as in 2

Please, help
Konradoz