Re: [squid-users] Leaking ICAP connections

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:47:12 +0000

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:41:25 +0100 (BST), Steve Hill <steve_at_nexusuk.org>
wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> First step is upgrading to 3.1.8 to see if its one of the many found
and
>> solved bugs.
>> If its still remains there check bugzilla for any references.
>
> I'll certainly check with the latest Squid, but I haven't found anything

> in bugzilla to suggest that this bug is either known about or fixed.
This
> bug tends to take several weeks or months to show up (and for some
reason
> only appears on 2 of our servers), so just checking on a slightly newer
> release on the offchance that the bug has been fixed by accident is
going
> to take a really long time. :(

Sounds a lot to me like some rare response from ICAP which confuses Squid
about the reply size. Or a persistent connection race leaking FD. Pity it's
so rare, the fix is likely to require a trace of the ICAP server response
headers.

Amos