Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7 & sync outside time server

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:22:15 +1300

On 20/10/10 00:09, Jose perez wrote:
> Now it is solved. It's not necesary open ports on modem-router. I
> modified squid.conf with acl safe_ports port 123 and install ntdp server.
> Thanks.

Um, you do realize how much lag going through Squid will introduce to
NTP don't you?

Squid works in cycles of microseconds or larger.

NTP needs to be synced down as close to pico or femto seconds as
possible. Preferably to multiple time sources. This is definitely not
one of the protocols that should be tunneled over HTTP.

I suspect that if its working you can close your squid.conf ACL hole again.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2