Re: [squid-users] Limiting user's bandwidth

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 23:52:02 +0100

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 15:39 -0700, Landy Landy wrote:
> > Just to confirm: you are using a recent snapshot tarball of
> > 3.2 beta
> > releases to do this right? with the packet marking
> > netfilter libraries
> > built in?
>
> No, I'm actually using Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE24 (the version
> that has really worked well for me) with iptables -t mangle marking
> packets.

If you're marking your packets in the POSTROUTING or OUTPUT chains then
it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's not working, then I suspect it's something wrong with your tc
rules. Are you sure you are shaping the correct interface? Remember that
the interface will be the opposite one to the one that you are using for
the user downloads.

Andy