[squid-users] Re: Authentication using squid_kerb_auth with Internet Explorer 8 on Windows Server 2008 R2

From: DmitrySh <sbros_v_at_inbox.lv>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

Nick Cairncross wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> Just my thoughts (which are minor in relation to the power of other
> listers..!): Are you specifically running the 64-bit version of IE? How
> does your DNS look? A/PTR records all in order? What does kerbtray show?
> What encoding for kerberos are you using? What does klist -ekt <keytab>
> show? Correct FQDN in your browser?
> Cheers
> Nick

I think we can exclude mistake in FQDN in browser, 64-bit version of browser
(couse im' using 32-bit OS and browsers)
In kerbtray i have some keys
HTTP/squidhostname.domain.com - AES256-CTS-HMAC-SHA1-96
krbtgt/DOMAIN.COM - RSADSI-RC4-HMAC

in keytab file 3 records with different encryption types:
 ArcFour with HMAC/md5
AES-128 CTS mode with 96-bit SHA-1 HMAC
AES-256 CTS mode with 96-bit SHA-1 HMAC

What about DNS, how this can affect on helper work?

Regards,
Dmitry Gorbunov