Re: [squid-users] ACL blocks http, but not https

From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld_at_medizinische-genetik.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:00:32 +0200

Am 27.10.2010 12:10, schrieb Amos Jeffries:
> What you need to take away from this is that 1) where possible add whole
> domains and sets of sub-domains to "A" the first ACL. and 2) always make sure
> that your second "B" and regex ACL are matched. New rules into the regex need
> to be checked that the domain(s)the match are in the "B" list.

The problem with 'dstdomain' is, that the exact name must match. Because most
sites are available by their domain name and 'www.domainname', I need at least
two entries for every domain. A lot of domains bring other subdomains that
should also be blocked. That was the reason we used url_regex.

Is there a way to specify something like '*facebook.com'? Otherwise, i'm not
sure if dstdomain is the right option for our needs.

Marc