[squid-users] Cache_peer directive

From: Senthilkumar <senthilkumaar2021_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 11:33:03 +0530

Hi All,

I am using squid 2.7 stable 7 with wccp.In the squid.conf i have used 9
cache_peer directive as parent and made all requests passed through it
by never direct allow all.I am using round robin in cache_peer to load
balance requests.Now the problem is the browsing seems to be very slow
the cache_peer machines are in local network only.Whether using many
cache_peer makes connection slow?I only want cache_peer to be as parent
not was sibling .Is there any way to optimize the cache_peer
directive(like enabling persistent) and makes connection fast.

Thanks
Senthil