[squid-users] forward and reverse proxy in 3.1.x https forward proxy failing

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 12:41:44 -0500

I had an older machine that was still running 3.0 STABLE 12, that was functioning as a forward and reverse proxy using port 80 for both.  And a reverse proxy for one site on Port 443, the machine sits in a DMZ the forward proxy only directs about to web sites for machines connected through WAN connections, and functions as a reverse proxy for those machines when connecting to a couple internal sites.  This machine had a hardware failure last night and I was forced to put in place the newer machine that had already had the software installed but wasn't configured or tested yet.

The problem I am having is that this machine running squid 3.1.9 functions fine as both forward and reverse for http websites, and is working for the reverse HTTPS site, though I had to use the sslproxy_cert_error acl method to bypass a cert error, even though the cert is valid, it's not accepting it.  That's a minor problem though, as its functioning.  The more pressing problem is that HTTPS forward proxy is not working, the logs show an error every time stating a connect method was received on an accelerator port.

2010/11/01 12:26:43| clientProcessRequest: Invalid Request
2010/11/01 12:26:44| WARNING: CONNECT method received on http Accelerator port 80
2010/11/01 12:26:44| WARNING: for request: CONNECT armmf.adobe.com:443 HTTP/1.0
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Pragma: no-cache

Is using the same port for both forward of http & https not allowed while using it for a reverse proxy anymore?

I tried adding the new allow-direct option to my http_port line with no change in behavior.

Current line is:
http_port 10.40.1.254:80 accel vhost allow-direct

Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,
     Dean Weimer
     Network Administrator
     Orscheln Management Co