[squid-users] Kerb auth with LDAP groups

From: Kelly, Jack <Jack.Kelly_at_wsdevelopment.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:03:11 -0400

Hi everyone,
I've successfully set up authentication to my proxy with squid_kerb_auth
to get us away from using basic LDAP authentication for everything. I
used the config guide from the squid-cache wiki (below) which worked
perfectly.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Kerberos

One thing I'd like to do is continue using LDAP Groups and/or
Organizational Units to grant permissions to certain websites. So my
question is in two parts:

Is there a way to use squid_ldap_auth such that it will only prompt for
credentials when you try to visit a certain website? (Previously I've
had it set up so it would prompt you right when the browser opens.)

Alternatively: Is there a straightforward equivalent to squid_ldap_group
when using Kerberos authentication?

Running 3.1.1 on Ubuntu x64, installed from Synaptic.

Thanks!
Jack

This message and any attachments are the property of WS Development, may be privileged or confidential
and are intended only for the addressee. If you have received this email in error, please delete it
immediately. Any views expressed herein are the author's and do not necessarily represent those of the company.