Re: [squid-users] url_rewrite

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:33:19 +1300

On 02/11/10 17:59, viswanathan wrote:
> Thanks much for the reply
>
> Actally we are redirecting all request to the websense filter.
>
> If we increase url_rewrite children and url_rewrite concurrency the
> problem will be solved?

It's a workaround to fix a shortcoming in the url-rewriter hack.

> We are not sure whether websense plugin supports concurrency any views
> on it.

It is likely not to. They have migrated websense to be an ICAP server
instead. This is a much more efficient interface for content filters.
http://www.websense.com/content/support/library/data/v753/install/squid_icap.aspx

Upgrading from 2.6 the best path is straight to 3.1.
A check of the options in 2.6 which are not yet available in 3.1 is
recommended first to see if there is anything very important blocking
the upgrade.
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/RELEASENOTES.html#ss6.1

Amos

--