Re: [squid-users] squid and ntlm without winbind

From: Maurizio Marini <maumar_at_datalogica.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 10:40:26 +0100

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 10:25:43 +0100
Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Maurizio Marini <maumar_at_datalogica.com> wrote:
> > Hi there
> [...]
> > samba is pdc with ldap backend
> > Now i should authenticate squid with samba on the same server. I cannot use
> > winbind (winbind should be used on samba domain member, isn'it), so
> > following link:
> > http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/NtlmCentOS5
> > is not useful, or, better: i tried to configure winbind using this wiki
> > with no success.
>
> A domain controller is also a domain member ; the same configuration
> should apply.
> You may want to detail what you did, and what error messages you got - if any.
>
> --
>     /kinkie

i stil get this error ;(

wbinfo -a user%password
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user user%password with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
error messsage was: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
Could not authenticate user user with challenge/response

wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
Could not check secret

should i join domain when client and server are on the same host?

maybe it is better to post on samba lists, too

thnx
maurizio