Re: [squid-users] Re: Bandwidth split?

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:12:40 -0500

Your problem here is that you are trying to layer delay_pool 1 twice, so
I corrected the config below adding a third delay_pool for your
ncsa_users.

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

>>> "J Webster" <webster_jack_at_hotmail.com> 11/8/2010 10:06 AM >>>
I have done this but I am not sure if it will pick up the ncsa users.
This should restrict max bandwidth for any 1 user to 1024 (1Mbps)?

acl magic_words1 url_regex -i 192.168
acl magic_words2 url_regex -i ftp .exe .mp3 .vqf .tar.gz .gz .rpm .zip
.rar
.avi .mpeg .mpe .mpg .qt .ram .rm .iso .raw .wav .mov
delay_pools 3
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1
delay_access 1 allow magic_words1
delay_class 2 2
delay_parameters 2 5000/150000 5000/120000
delay_access 2 allow magic_words2

acl restuser proxy_auth ncsa_users
delay_class 3 1
# 256 Kbit/s fill rate, 1024 Kbit/s reserve
delay_parameters 3 32000/128000
delay_access 3 allow restuser
delay_access 3 deny all