Re: [squid-users] unexplainable MISSes (squid 2.7stable9)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 02:35:58 +0000

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:33:37 +0200, Adrian Dascalu
<adrian.dascalu_at_eea.europa.eu> wrote:
> Done some new tests and I found out that caching an URL that has a
> different X-Username header will invalidate the other version of that
> object.

Aha, you can disregard my earlier reply.

> Is this the intended behaviour?

Yes.

> I mean, Vary header will just inform
> there is a new version so everything else is discarded?

No, vary header informs Squid whether the cached object may be served or a
second fetched. The headers of the new reply informs whether to invalidate
the old copy.

> If so, is there
> a method for cacheing multiple versions of the same URL ?

Unique ETag headers are required for that.

Amos