[squid-users] partial content clarification...

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 02:37:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

In a reverse proxy situation with big videos.
I read that 206 (partial content) is not cachable by squid.
But I also read about range_offset_limit...
Let's say there's a 100MB video and I use a range_offset_limit of 20971520.
Does that mean that if the browser min range request is below 20971520, squid
will remove the range header and ask the web server for the whole file (with a
200 code), and then return only the range to the browser as a 206 code (and the
browser will have to wait until squid finaly gets to the min range to begin
receiving data)?
And if the range request is by example 52428800, squid will forward the range to
the web server, and then return only the range to the browser as a 206 (with no
delay)?
Is that correct?

Thx,
JD