[squid-users] Squid capabilities: several questions

From: Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac_at_minibofh.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:03:16 +0100

Hi,

I have to design and implement a proxy in a complex production
environment; I used Squid some time ago (3 years), so I'm thinking in
using it again. First of all I need to know:

Let's suppose that the squid box has 3 NICs. 2 external connected to
both Internet DSLs and 1 internal which recieves the proxy clients.

// ¿Can I chosse to use one or another external NIC (different DSL)
according to Squid rules about protocols? I mean, for example:

        - all the clients who use http, DSL_1
        - all the clients who use ftp, DSL_2

// Even ¿Can I choose to use one or another external NIC (different DSL)
according Squid rules about users auth? I mean, for example

        - users A,B and C use DSL_1
        - users D,E and F, use DSL_2

// In direct relation with the previous question ¿Can Squid validate
users against Win$$ Active Directory?

Thanks in advance.

--
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.