Re: [squid-users] ACLs Implementation help

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 02:19:48 +1300

On 12/11/10 01:22, Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
> Yeah, I guess I am getting there.
> Please look in-line...
>

>>> How do I enforce password authentication ONLY ONCE for users to
>>
>> What do you mean by "ONLY ONCE"? A user can be authenticated or not, there is no multiple about it.
> No continuous authentication required with every URL accessed or
> re-directions once the first log-in is accepted.

Understood. That is not possible.

HTTP is by design stateless. Each single TCP connection being able to be
used identically by both a single end-user browser or a middleware proxy
serving multiple users. Even if you believe your end-users are all
browsers you will likely be wrong at some point.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3