Re: [squid-users] Problems with hotmail and facebook

From: Amos Jeffries <>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:05:50 +1300

On 12/11/10 15:44, Landy Landy wrote:
> Amos.
> Thanks for your quick reply.
> I haven't tried a newer version yet. The problem started two days ago and I've been using that version for over a year now and it worked well.
> --- On Thu, 11/11/10, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> From: Amos Jeffries
>> On 12/11/10 15:11, Landy Landy
>> wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>> Our network is experiencing problems loading or
>> accessing facebook and hotmail inbox and others when I use
>> squid. I am using:
>>> I use google's public dns and our local isp
>> provider's.
>>> I tried to login to my hotmail account and got this:
>>> Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE24
>>> configure options: '--prefix=/usr/local/squid'
>> '--sysconfdir=/etc/squid' '--enable-delay-pools'
>> '--enable-kill-parent-hack' '--disable-htcp'
>> '--enable-default-err-language=Spanish'
>> '--enable-linux-netfilter' '--disable-ident-lookups'
>> '--localstatedir=/var/log/squid3.1' '--enable-stacktraces'
>> '--with-default-user=proxy' '--with-large-files'
>> '--enable-icap-client' '--enable-async-io'
>> '--enable-storeio=aufs' '--enable-removal-policies=heap,lru'
>> '--with-maxfd=32768'
>>> When I try accessing these pages without having to
>> pass through squid everything works fine.
>>> Does anyone has an idea of what can be causing this?
>> Could you give any details about what the problems actually
>> are please?
> Noticed that hotmail sometimes just hangs after providing the username and password. People started calling today and are driving me crazy.
> Also today I noticed this (Response not valid) when replying to a thread on
> ////////////////////////////////////
> Mientras se intentaba procesar la petición:
> POST /speak/wisp?enc=L2ZvcnVtL3dpc3A%3D;really HTTP/1.1
> Host:
> Connection: keep-alive
> Referer:
> Content-Length: 2580
> Cache-Control: max-age=0
> Origin:
> Pragma: no-cache
> Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundarynmpKtsJY1cReuJwT
> Accept: application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.517.44 Safari/534.7
> Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch
> Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8
> Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
> Cookie: __utmz=260971928.1285198857.1.1.utmccn=(direct)|utmcsr=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); __utma=260971928.458537925.1285198857.1285422374.1285465733.3; dsl=6402462798:1587616; bbruid=1587616
> Ha ocurrido el siguiente problema:
> Respuesta no válida.
> El mensaje de Respuesta HTTP recibido del servidor contactado no pudo ser entendido o tenía alguna malformación. Por favor contacte al operador del sitio web. Quizas su administrador del caché pueda darle a Ud. más detalles acerca de la naturaleza exacta del problema en caso de ser necesario.
> Su administrador del caché es
> ////////////////////////////////////
> Things are not as they used to be. I checked the cache.log file and can't find anything there. What do you recommend me to do?

The POST is requesting "sdch" (aka binary diff encoding) responses. If
you or any other proxy along that supply path are doing anything with
ICAP besides straight AV scanning that could be corrupting the diffs.

The problem is in the response to that POST. The newer 3.1.9 logs what
the problems is at debug level 1 ("debug_options ALL,1") including the
URL for tracking.

With that info you can drill down into the oprocessing are or a tcpdump
log and find out what the response actually is.


Please be using
   Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.9
   Beta testers wanted for
Received on Fri Nov 12 2010 - 05:05:55 MST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Fri Nov 12 2010 - 12:00:02 MST