Re: [squid-users] default site

From: <damian.garrido.munoz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:33:32 -0300

2010/11/16 Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:
> On 17/11/10 02:49, damian.garrido.munoz_at_gmail.com wrote:

>>> defaultsite= is the full public domain name to be used as a default if
>>> the
>>> client failed to request one.
>>>  eg. defaultsite=www.servichile.example.com
>>>
>> thanks Amos
>>
>> This meaning that i can't work with my host file?
>> because, i wanna to see how works my reverse proxy from outside, but i
>> need use my host file for this work, then, i have 2 vhost on my apache
>> (192.168.x.2) and my reverse proxy (192.168.x.1).
>
> Um ... something makes me wonder if you are talking about virtual hosts or
> virtual machines?

nop, i have two server, one of them have apache and the other one have squid
my idea is, when you access to the squid server, this redirect to a
virtualhost set on the apache server

>> when i access from outside (200.x.x.x == 192.168.x.1) to the reverse
>> proxy they don't show me nothing, not show me the default site.
>> i need define, add or configure other thing? im very lost
>>

> Oh. The defaultsite= directive is not what you think.
>
> You can test a reverse-proxy with a hosts file entry on your own PC...
>
>  * Enter the proxy IP and public domain name into the hosts file like you
> would any other domain entry.
>  * Use the browser to go to the domain name.
>  * What comes up will be the response via the proxy.

exactly, i can browse when i set my domain in local host, but, when i
access from exterior, this don't display a default site.
is this possible?

thanks again

--
José Damián Garrido