Re: [squid-users] Caching youtube videos problem/ always getting TCP_MISS

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 00:16:48 +1300

On 23/11/10 23:50, Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Thanks Amos.
>
> I fixed the channel id problem by fixing storeurl rewriter perl script but still the video/x-flv response is getting RELEASED in store.log instead of SWAPOUT. Can you please read below cache.log and suggest what is still going wrong? Now "Rewrote to" message prints the right transformed URL. After this store tries to look up for the "6B2E83D66FC215C27ECFBA432AB7B5F6" key which returns a TCP MISS for the same key lookup for 2nd and third tries as well. Then one hash entry gets inserted with another key for the same big URL with different hash key for 2nd and 3rd time as well. This new key is "04BE27CFF614A3315F5CEB008464C453". I have also pasted HTTP response header for video/x-flv content from cache.log. After this I see "Deferring starting swapping out" message in cache.log. Can you please suggest why it is not swapping out?
>
> I am pasting below a section of squid.conf file as well. After this is the cache.log output.

I'm thinking you don't want to ignore the last-modified header. It seems
to be usefully far in the past to cause caching for some period.
Ignoring it may cause the refresh_pattern to fail in extending the
storage time (99999999% of last-modified age).

Other than that I don't really know. I have not spent time working out
how to port storeurl* feature yet so don't know its internals well.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3