Re: [squid-users] squid cache not updating?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:43:40 +1300

On 25/11/10 22:14, J Webster wrote:
> I have my cache mounted on a drive at /var/spool/squid.
> The other day I tied to mount a new folder also on the same drive, which
> is apparently not the best thing to do.
> Since then, I am not sure if my squid cache is updating or not. It seems
> to be stuck at 35Gb use and 16% capacity.
> Is there anyway to check if the cache is updating?

* the cachemgr interface provides some overviews of the storage content.
   squidclient mgr:store_io
   squidclient mgr:utilization (the syscall.disk.* and swap.* entries)

* Or enable the cache_store_log for a while and check the SWAPOUT /
RELEASE. If all requests are doing RELEASE immediately then no new
objects are accumulating in the cache.

Worst case scenario is the easiest to fix. Erase the content of the
folder and run squid -z again to rebuild the cache structure empty.
Bandwidth will be impacted afterwards for a while with increasing
normality as the cache re-fills.

Amos

--
Please be using