Re: [squid-users] Plz help me ............

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:12:35 +1300

On 30/11/10 22:14, Ajith P.T wrote:
> Sir,
> I've some requirement for the squid configuration
> 1. Can i give time quota(not time range) to each user per day(user1
> can use intenet 30 min in a day, he can consume this 30 min in a day
> in any time)
> 2. can we give download quota to each user per day(user1 can download
> 20 m.b per day)
>
> Please help me.....

You said the same things yesterday requesting this for 3.0 on windows.
Not getting replies around here mean nobody has a good answer.

Because Squid does not do quotas that way. HTTP is stateless and there
are few ways for Squid to identify two requests as belonging to the same
user. None of them completely reliable.
  What Squid does instead is delay pools and/or QoS packet marking.
Which can set a per-second speed limit on the clients.

To get anything close to absolute traffic limits (quota) you will have
to find or write your own logdaemon helper or log processor to calculate
the traffic usage then plug it into something with another custom ACL
helper to deny requests once the limit is passed.
  NP: there is no way to stop existing transactions once they have begun.

There is likely third-party code floating around to do the byte quota.

The time quota is unusual, you will *only* be able to record the
download times of individual objects. For most objects these are
measured in milliseconds. I predict that making guesses whether the
client was connected between two requests getting you into arguments
with some of them.

Amos

--
Please be using