Re: [squid-users] why is 403 cached?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 14:50:07 +1300

On 04/12/10 03:47, David Q Levitt wrote:
> Hi Amos -
>
> In squid.conf I've now specified: negative_ttl 0 seconds
> I stopped and restarted the server but nothing has changed.
>
> My OS is Windows XP. I want to try using 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.9 as you
> suggest, but I cannot find a link to download the binaries for those
> versions for Windows.

Ah, 3.x on windows is not running ATM. 2.7

It sounds like the problem is the header coming out of the web server
after your script though. Those requried ones I mentioned in the earlier
will impact the cacheability and timing.

When you are sure the headers being received by Squid are correct look
at refresh_pattern to see if anything there is matching and extending
the times. NP: this is only useful once the correct headers are ocuring.
refresh_patten can only *extend* the caching times.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3