Re: [squid-users] Proxy for youtube - noncaching

From: Rick Chisholm <rchisholm_at_parallel42.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:48:33 -0500

They might be blocking with a DNS sinkhole or something like OpenDNS.
Blocking YouTube content usually isn't as simple as blocking just the
domain, but the content delivery network as well.

If their Squid setup did allow for this workaround - kids could deploy
similar redirects from their home PCs which would defeat what the school
is trying to do.

If the school has total control over their Squid config - they can
whitelist specific URLs and explicitly allow certain YouTube content most
likely.

--
Rick Chisholm
Systems Administrator