[squid-users] Squid returning bad http response

From: Volker-Yoblick, Adam <avolker_at_ea.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:12:55 -0800

Greetings,

I downgraded from squid 3.1.9 to squid 2.7.STABLE9 so that I could use storeurl_rewrite_program in my config file, and I'm running into a different problem.

I have an application sending a GET to another server through the proxy, but the response coming back from the proxy is not a valid HTTP response. This works just fine in squid 3.1.9, and it also works when I connect directly to the server without using the squid proxy.

The header looks like this:

GET http://********/Foo/bar.txt HTTP/1.0
Connection: Keep-Alive

I'm searching the status line for "\r\n", but this search returns a null pointer. I set a breakpoint and looked at the buffer coming back from the socket.Read, and it looks like garbage. There's no HTTP status there anywhere.

Has anyone seen anything like this with squid 2.7.STABLE9?