[squid-users] Kerberos AD authentication suddenly stopped working

From: Stefan Dengscherz <stefan.dengscherz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 07:30:31 +0100

Hello list,

I'm currently running 3.0.STABLE19 on Ubuntu 10 LTS. I have configured
Kerberos AD authentication as in the config examples at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Kerberos (the
"Samba method"). It successfully worked for over half a year but
suddenly the SSO authentication stopped working yesterday and fall
back to my LDAP authentication schema.

Here is my authentication section from the squid configuration:

---8<---
# Authentifizierung - SSO via Kerberos & AD
auth_param negotiate program /usr/lib/squid3/squid_kerb_auth
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

# Authentifizierung - LDAP Benutzerabfrage AD, wenn SSO nicht klappt
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_auth -R -b
"OU=xxx" -D "CN=LDAP Lesebenutzer,OU=Sonderbenutzer,OU=System,OU=xxx"
-w "xxx" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h 10.xxx
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Automatische Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen - Geben
Sie bitte Ihren Windows-Benutzer und -Passwort ein!
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 minutes
---8<---

After the SSO failing i set squid_kerb_auth to debug mode via the -d
parameter and got the following log entries in cache.log: