[squid-users] tproxy

From: benjamin fernandis <benjo11111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:06:53 +0530

Dear Friends,

I m new to squid.Please guide me about tproxy and transparent proxy.I
see intercept and tproxy option in squd 3.1.9 version with http_port
option in configuration file.Please guide me for the same and what r
the difference between them.

Both r working for transparent proxy and.....

As per my understanding , when we use intercept option with http_port
then we do not need to configure client browser for proxy settings and
squid ip will go to origin server behalf of client's request.

And when we use tproxy option with http_port we do not need to
configure client browser for proxy settings but client ip will
forwarded to origin server as requestor..

please correct me if i m wrong...

Because in my network we face issue with rapidshare , when my clients
getting some downloading they get message that already downloading is
started from this ip and clients face issues wiith rapidshare..

so please guide me for the same...

Thanks
Benjo