[squid-users] Modifying the log format

From: Volker-Yoblick, Adam <avolker_at_ea.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:37:30 -0800

Greetings,

I'm interested in changing the timestamp format in the squid log files, as I'd rather read a local time than seconds since epoch.

I have two questions:

1. I've been able to change the format of the output in my access_log by defining a logformat as follows (this is the default format except with seconds since epoch replaced with local time):

        logformat accessLogFormat %tl %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %<st %rm %ru %un %Sh/%<A %mt

I'd like to further customize the time format of the local time (%tl) to be %Y/%m/%d:%H:%M:%S %z , but the docs don't make it very clear on how to supply the strftime format argument. Can someone explain what the correct syntax is? I've tried a few ways, but none of them worked.

2. I'd like to change the timestamps in my cache_store_log as well. Is this possible?

Thanks for your time,

-Adam