Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS & TCP_HIT with Squid-SNMP or squidclient

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 03:21:10 +1300

On 23/12/10 20:21, Michael Hendrie wrote:
> On 23/12/2010, at 12:03 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> On 22/12/10 18:39, Tom Tux wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is there a squid-snmp-oid or a squidclient-option to get the following
>>> values (since startup of squid or since creation of cache_dirs)?
>>>
>>> - tcp_miss
>>> - tcp_hit
>>> - tcp_mem_hit
>>>
>>> If not, how can I determine these values?
>>> Thanks a lot.
>>> Tom
>>
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Snmp#Squid_OIDs
>>
>> Under "Per-Protocol Statistics" OIDs:
>>
>> MISS = cacheProtoClientHttpRequests - cacheHttpHits
>> HIT = cacheHttpHits
>>
>> The individual cache storage locations are not accounted separately.
>> So MEM_HIT are not available.
>>
>> The same details can be found under squidclient mgr:utilization with
>> various time-brackets of accumulation.
>>
>> Amos
>> --
>> Please be using
>> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.9
>> Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3
>
> I recently created the patch below to allow HTTP HIT KB's to be
> retrieved via SNMP. This is for 3.0STABLE19 and not sure if it's
> transferable to other version. I'm not an experienced coder so if anyone
> has any feedback on this (e.g if there are any problems with the patch)
> I'd like to hear:

Thank you.

Please port to 3.HEAD or 3.2 and submit to squid-dev mailing list for
checking. You will find the src/snmp_core.cc changes far easier in the
new version :) and the rest should apply easily.
The submission procedure for patches can be found here:
    http://wiki.squid-cache.org/MergeProcedure

It would be worthwhile answering these questions in your submission
email (ie the use-case/commit message for this change):

   How does this differ from "cacheHttpOutKb - cacheHttpInKb" ?
   Why should we include this in Squid?

Amos

--
Please be using