Re: [squid-users] Re: Huge Cache / Memory Usage

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 03:26:10 +1300

On 26/12/10 02:23, divesh wrote:

> I have experimented a way to Optimize Squid using RamDisk from the blog
> given below:
>
> Optimizing SQUID - (Part 1)
> http://linuxcitizens.blogspot.com/2010/08/optimizing-squid-using-ramdisk-for.html
>
> Optimizing SQUID - (Part 2)
> http://linuxcitizens.blogspot.com/2010/09/optimizing-squid-part-2.html
>
> The steps has improved the performance of the squid I am working on and even
> internet access is faster until and unless the problem is at the ISP end.

Yes Squid will work with disks in any form accessible.

Just be aware that the symptoms described as that authors driving
problem no longer exists in 3.1+ where objects no longer migrate one-way
to slow disk.

Leaks and swapping problems leading to the same slowdown symptom are
worsened by consuming RAM with a RAMDISK.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3