[squid-users] How to set up squid_session with transparent proxy

From: mpnordland <mpnordland_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:43:22 -0500

I want to set up a transparent squid proxy to monitor the same box it is
running on. It needs to use squid_session to first force a login screen
to the user, and then allow web browsing until an idle timeout. This is
on Ubuntu 10.10, with squid 2.7. I'd like to use squid3 but I'm not sure
it is well supported. A link to a tutorial for something like this would
also be helpful, as I have not found anything very helpful.

the same question is asked (by me) here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4543024/how-to-set-up-squid-session-with-transparent-proxy