Re: [squid-users] TPROXY

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 18:54:04 +1300

On 31/12/10 22:27, Hasanen AL-Bana wrote:
> Well...that is not the only use for TPROXY ,but mainly it is used to
> spoof client's IP address through Squid , and as far as I know that
> can be done with TPROXY only by bridging interfaces.

Bridging is not required. All that is required is that the traffic use
the Squid box as a gateway.

This can be setup with either bridging, symmetrical routing or WCCP of
port 80 through the Squid box.

Either way TPROXY only involves spoofing the client IP to hide the
*proxies* public IP to revealing the client IP in its place. The fact of
a proxies usage is not hidden.

Amos

--
Please be using