Re: [squid-users] Squid with download manager

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 03:41:50 +1300

On 08/01/11 02:20, Mohsen Saeedi wrote:
> Dear Amos
> I'm mohsen saeedi as translator of squid for persian language. We chat
> on squid IRC with each other many times already have.
> I want to cache some files are being downloaded with download managers
> ( for example IDMan. ) as you know download manager split file to
> multiple part for accelerate with simultaneously connection to http
> server. how we can cache files when they are being downloaded with
> squid.
>
> thanks.

You will have to play around with the quick_abort_* and range_offset
directives to force-download a while file when a range is requested.
That way the file gets cached and later requests get the cached version.

This may need to be combined with maxconn ACL to limit the number of
simultaneous connections from each client to prevent bandwidth waste.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4