Re: [squid-users] RE: Help On Squid3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:50:03 +1300

On 11/01/11 12:40, Shawn wrote:
> My name is Shawn Caron. I am having several problems with squid 3
> running on debian lenny 5.0.7. the first problem is updating linux
> desktops. I have rules on iptables that force all web traffic to squid3.
>
> I use digest auth The computers cant connect and update. I get a 407

Authentication does not work with interception (man-in-middle attack).
Browsers and other agents will simply not forward the security
credentials to "unknown" software.

Pick one:
  * ask the client to login
  * intercept and play with their traffic without their knowledge

> error. Also cant get the cache_peer option to work. I haave 2 other
> proxys also installed on the same machine. The second porxy is bfilter
> and the 3rd is an ad blocker.

cache_peer $next_proxy_IP parent $other_proxies_port 0

Chain them:
   client-> Squid -> other1 -> other2 -> Internet

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4