Re: [squid-users] Squid not caching at all - (Ubuntu 10, Apache2 and Squid3)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:50:10 +1300

Please set your mailer to write attributions correctly.

On 14/01/11 15:59, Tahseen wrote:
> We are using FireFox to test and pressing F5
> But then we are using server side caching so such headers should be ignored
> by Squid

Two problems with that:
  F5 (force-reload) is a method for users to retry and get a working
page load after some error. It sends headers requesting fresh new
non-cached content to avoid any proxy created problem in the previous load.
   The config which you posted did not have the ignore-cc option for
http_port to ignore the client headers.

Also, "server side caching" in all the definitions I can find easily are
not relevant to proxies. They are describing systems that operate solely
*internally* to the web server application. At most they provide a way
to send the correct cacheability headers outward.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4