Re: [squid-users] size of squid binary

From: Orestes Leal R. <leal_at_cubacatering.avianet.cu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:20:55 -0600

> * Eda FLORAT <edaflorat_at_gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> if accept loosing debug symbols and get stripped binary, can we say
>> that stripped binary of squid will perform better?

I think it performs pretty much the same, the only differences between the
2 binary files
(apart from size) are the new section (sections?) for debugging (symbols
sections allocated
by the compiler because requested by the developer in the makefile), butI
think that the
memory space of the .text and .data section must be the same size.
I'm not an expert in the subject so I might be wrong.

best regards,
LeaL