Re: [squid-users] Offline mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:34:52 +1300

On 16/01/11 19:38, William Canino wrote:
> Can I use Squid in "offline mode" for intermittent connections, i.e.,
> business demos and sometimes-disconnected laptops?
>
> If not or if it is no longer supported, would anyone know a web proxy
> server that can?
>
> I use Windows 7.

The directive in Squid called "offline_mode" is still supported. Though
what it does is not exactly offline operation. Merely aggressive caching.

It is becoming less and less relevant as Squid caching has become more
aggressive by default and the web itself becomes more reliant on dynamic
live content.

Amos

--
Please be using