Re: [squid-users] Offline mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:41:58 +1300

On 17/01/11 05:32, Gerson 'fserve' Barreiros wrote:
> I've read something about that here:
> http://linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/08/02/offline_squid.html
>
> but the website for the patch is lost.

Ah, that. I'd guess about 2/3 of the patch is being done by default now
in the latest Squid.

  * headers added if missing according to RFC, allowing longer caching
times.
  * stale responses being served on revalidation 5xx failure (server
unavailable), NP: this is controlled by the stale-if-error= HTTP header.
  * caching dynamic objects wherever possible
  * reverse-proxy overrides to ignore client Cache-Control: headers.

What is not done is the DNS suppression and external traffic suppression
tri-state mode. We have not come to any good definition of what it means
to be using an proxy offline. Have concentrated on the error detection
and recovery instead.

Amos

--
Please be using