Re: [squid-users] What http headers required for squid to work?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:05:17 +1300

On 19/01/11 05:41, diginger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please tell me what http headers required in response for squid caching to
> work.
> I have Jax-rs response with cache-Contyrol set as public but squid caching
> is not working I can only see TCP_MISS/200 in my access.log, what are the
> other headers required?
>
> please if you have caching working please send me the response header (if
> that is requied).
> If there is no exact answer please guide me which areas should I look into.
>
> Thanks

Squid will cache as much as it is allowed to cache, for as long as it can.

Details on the relevant headers and how they work are in here:
   http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

The one piece not in there is that for dynamic websites using query
strings (?parameters) you will need a Squid newer than version 2.6.
  For a version 2.7 and 3.0 Squid you will need to do
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent

Amos

--
Please be using