Re: [squid-users] Re: What http headers required for squid to work?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 04:11:37 +1300

On 20/01/11 03:37, diginger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have gone through refrences you provided and following that I have updated
> squid version too but still no luck. now even I have made squid and
> originserver port to be same.

Aha, think about this...

> acl our_sites dst xxx.xx.xxx.118

> cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
> cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

If the client browser was going to xxx.xx.xxx.118. What IP woudl t
connect to? xxx.xx.xxx.118 or the Squid one?

dst matches the IP the client was connecting to.

> Here is my full squid.conf
>
> http_port 80 accel defaultsite=xxx.xx.xxx.118

Why hide this?
The default site is one of the publicly visible names for things Squid
generates on behalf of your website. For example the value which goes on
web pages pointing people to http://xxx.xx.xxx.118/index.html etc.

Think like a user: "what the..? I'm trying to reach example.com which is
at *.*.*.20"

> cache_peer xxx.xx.xxx.118 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel

<snip>
> http_access allow manager localhost
> http_access deny manager
> http_access deny !Safe_ports
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> http_access allow localnet
> http_access allow our_sites

Um, unrelated problem.

Line 1 of all the reverse-proxy configuration guides mentions:
     "Warning: the reverse proxy configuration MUST be placed first in
the config file above any regular forward-proxy configuration.".

That means most reverse-proxy configurations need to be at the very top
of the config file before anything else.
  *particulary* that the http_access allow our_sites must be above the
top of the http_access list.

The forward-proxy limits have not done you noticeable harm but its worth
fixing.

> icp_access allow localnet
> icp_access deny all
> htcp_access allow localnet
> htcp_access deny all
> http_port 3128
> hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?

hierarchy_stoplist will be doing bad things. Removing it from reverse
proxies is useful.

> access_log /var/log/squid/access.log squid
> refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
> refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
> refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0
> refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
> icp_port 3130
> coredump_dir /var/spool/squid
>
> Here is my HTTP Respnse Header
>
> Status=OK - 200
> Content-Type=application/json
> Cache-Control=max-age=6000
> Server=Jetty(6.1.25)
> X-Cache=MISS from cache001.com
> X-Cache-Lookup=MISS from cache001.com:80
> Via=1.0 cache001.com (squid/3.0.STABLE25), 1.0 localhost.localdomain
> Date=Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:19:36 GMT
> Content-Length=132
> Age=0
>
> Please guide me.

Nothing visible there as to why that would not be stored.

Perhapse you are testing with a forced refresh or reload? The F5 browser
action, refresh page button or shift-refresh (aka force reload) all send
headers that will force this result to be a MISS.

You can get around this by using squidclient, wget or similar tools. Or
just clicking on the address bar and pressing enter to re-load the page.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4