[squid-users] Why is Cache-Control: max-age added to forwarded HTTP requests?

From: John Craws <john.craws_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:29:17 -0500

Hi,

After observing this, I have been going through RFC 2616, the squid
documentation, mailing list archives and various google results.

It's still not completely clear to me: why is squid adding a
Cache-Control with max-age defined in cases where the original client
request does not contain one.
Why for a request? What is the intended behavior / desired result?

Thank you!

John Craws