[squid-users] Missing content-length header for POST and PUT

From: David Gubler <dg_at_doodle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:13:33 +0100

Hi list,

We're testing Squid (3.1.6) as a reverse proxy to accelerate our web
site. Now we have discovered a major issue: Squid does not accept empty
POSTs (and probably PUTs) that don't have a content-length header, and
returns HTTP/411. All works fine if we bypass the proxy.

Since this is a reverse proxy setup, we cannot easily control all the
clients - the reverse proxy just must accept such requests.

I have searched for this problem for quite some time and found about 15
cases of users having the exact same issue, but no one has a solution
(apart from changing all the clients, which we can't).

Is there a workaround? Because as it is, all I can do is ditch Squid and
try a different proxy :(

Thanks!

David