Re: [squid-users] Squid - ldap auth against active directory 2008 R2

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:20:58 +1300

On 21/01/11 20:47, projproxy_at_virgilio.it wrote:
> Ok, let´s start with a general question:
>
> does squid work with ldap auth and
> active directory 2008 R2???
> is there someone that has kind of experience with
> that???
>
> Thanks jcasale: yes we upgraded the domain from 2003 to 2008 R2, all
> domain controller (2 per each subdomain exactely like before in 2003), for sure
> got other name and ip address and for sure I changed already the configuration
> of squid.
> The firewall was the first think I looked at: it´s compleately turned
> off!
>
> The strange thing is that if I run the helper from shell, it works
> perfectly, instead when it´s called from the configuration it does not work.

There you have the answer to that first Question "does squid work with
ldap auth and active directory 2008 R2?"

All Squid does is run the helper and pass it the user credentials. If
the helper works standalone then there is no reason why Squid cannot.

Squid runs as a low-privileged user account. Running the helper as root
can often create or access files and other resources with root
permission which the Squid user cannot access.
   Check the permissions.

Amos

--
Please be using