[squid-users] Log file analysis

From: Roberto <mrgreiner_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:49:31 -0200

Hi,

I've managed to install and set Squid, and it´s working fine. Now, I've
started searching for a good soft to help me analyze to logs generated
by Squid, and found that Sarg might be what the tool I want, but I would
like to know if someone knows if that's really the best/appropriate tool
for what I need.

At the moment, I need something to help me in two aspects:
- Fine tuning squid;
- Analyzing what our users are doing (what sites they are accessing, how
much download, top sites, etc);

For both functions, I need the reports/analysis to be available through
web pages, so GUI softwares are out for me. For the first task, squeezer
seems to be appropriate. For the second one, Sarg seems fine. Would
those two be the appropriate choices? Are there better ones for these?

Thank you,

Roberto

                 Marcos Roberto Greiner
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds;
		and the pessimist fears this is true
                                   James Branch Cabell