Re: [squid-users] Why is Cache-Control: max-age added to forwarded HTTP requests?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:00:06 +1300

On 21/01/11 05:07, John Craws wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Squid versions 3.1.9/3.1.10.
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Craws

It looks from the code to be there to ensure the result is either within
the local proxies cacheable age range (according to refresh_pattern) or
to get all the way back to the origin for brand new data.

Not exactly one of the optimal things to do, but it guarantees that
fresh content will come back. If you can come up with a better
alternative please mention it in squid-dev so we can improve things.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4