Re: [squid-users] NONE/501 in an https:// POST request

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:50:18 +0100

mƄn 2011-01-24 klockan 18:44 +0100 skrev Ralf Hildebrandt:

> > In the section case Squid and the server did not agree on the SSL
> > protocol.
>
> I wonder what went wrong in that case.

Could be many things unfortunatey. But to be honest it's not worth
investigating in your case. You ended up in the http->https gatewaying
case because of a broken application forgetting to enable SSL when
sending an https request via the proxy. It's not the right action to
have the proxy masquerade this problem by wrapping the request in SSL at
the proxy.

There is some valid uses of the http->https gatewaying capability, but
this is not one of them.

However, people using sslbump will run into the same problem quite
likely, and for that reason it may be worth investigating.

> I did that, disabled v2 but it wouldn't work anyway. But in the
> meantime they fixed their broken app :)

Good.