Re: [squid-users] external_acl problem with cache

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:28:48 +0000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:31:18 -0500 (CST), Luis Enrique Sanchez Arce
<lesanchez_at_uci.cu> wrote:
> I have an external acl to running some logic. the Acl modify the squid
log
> with parameter %ea
>
> the acl returns something like this:
>
> ERR message=.... log=uuid
>
> or
>
> OK message=.... log=uuid
>
> uuid is a unique key generate by the acl. When I check the access.log
file
> appears repeated uuid.
>
> I think it is that squid caches the response, i put ttl=0 and
> negative_ttl=0 and the error persist.
>
> thanks in advance

AFAICS squid will cache the entry anyway and use it for a grace period.
Setting grace=0 should block that.

if you are happy to test it I have placed a patch at
http://treenet.co.nz/project/squid/patches/extacl_noncaching.patch which is
supposed to make Squid obey ttl=0 and negative_ttl=0 like expected.
 Note that this will prevent external ACL results from being used by any
of the FAST category access controls in the non-cached entries.

Amos