[squid-users] yoube-URLs

From: <Ralf.Lutz_at_Heidelberg.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:33:00 +0000

Hi,

we´re using squid-3.0 at CentOS 5.5 with authentication against AD via Kerberos, it works great!

We have denied access to www.youtube.com with an blocklist with dstdomain .yotube.com.

Now, specific videos on youtube should be available in our network, so I tried to use a whitelist before the block of the domain with the complete URL of the video.

For example access to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLSFcF8SOiw with an entry in the url_regex-whitelist like this: youtube.com/watch?v=aLSFcF8SOiw

This does not work, I get no access to the video. I´ve now seen, that if I access to youtube, the log entry in the access log only contains a shot url without the ID of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v

After I´ve deleted the Video-ID in the whitlist, the access to the whole youtube-site works, so the whitelist and the configuration of squid works.

Has anyone an idea, why squid ignores the video-ID in urls, even in the access.log ?

Thanks for youre help!

Kind Regards

Ralf